Le Petit Monde
Le Petit Monde is a puppet theatre company based in Edinburgh, Scotland. Set up by Tania Czajka, it creates shows that introduce young children and their families to her native French language and culture in the most natural way: through authentic French speaking puppets.
Tania Czajka started her professional career as a childcare worker when she moved from her native France to Scotland in 1991. Whilst working in nurseries she noticed that children there related very well to puppets and that puppetry had the potential to open up language acquisition. She began performing bilingual shows for early years' audiences set in a colourful French garden which conveniently unpacked from inside a suitcase where Lapin and his French-speaking puppet friends lived. With the help of Mull-based theatre director Alasdair Satchel they worked on the theatricality and created a brand new production. At the heart of the show is a delightful combination of puppetry and language but the production is also unique in the way it promotes the importance of learning a second language in the very early years.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Promoting the Edinburgh Fringe show, 'The Wonderful World of Lapin'
- Promoting the companies workshops, performances and campaigns
- Booking coordination and management for 2018
- Collaborating with the Artistic Director on adhoc administrative work
- Producing and implementing marketing strategies and campaigns